We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

Hi! I have site #B3 reserved during the fireflies event. I am now second guessing my choice - am I going to regret my location?? Thank you!

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

You have a campsite in Elkmont on the water that is near the camp store, near the amphitheater and away from the path most other campers will use to walk back to the Little River Trail and away from the road used by the shuttles bringing in visitors to view the fireflys. What is the concern with the campsite?

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

I thought it was near where the shuttles would be dropping people off.

Sheffield Lake, Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

And would be noisy from all that traffic

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
691 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

B-3 camp-site is located in a small group of walk in sites. We have camped here and it is not very far to walk in to. It is a very good site along the rushing creek, which sounds as good as it feels to play in on a hot summer day. Consider your choice well done and start planning the fun things to do in the GSMNP.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

The shuttles arrive on the main road, then travel around the the east side of the campground and make drop offs and pick ups across the creek and past the F loop at the Trailhead area. You are in a good location.

6. Re: Elkmont Campground - did I pick a bad site?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Great Smoky Mountains...