We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Trip

East Meadow, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Planning a Trip

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are looking to start booking a trip this summer to see some more national parks. Two years ago we went to Yosemite and stayed at Curry Village, where we had an amazing time-we're looking to have a similar experience.

We're coming from NY, so will be flying in and renting a car. We're thinking of doing RMNP, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons. We have anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

I'm literally just starting to think about the details of this trip-we would like to go the end of July/beginning of August.

Is this do-able? The only other things we would like to do during our vacation is visit a working brewery somewhere along the lines, and see a MLB game (I'm assuming the Rockies).

Any ideas? Where would be best to fly into/out of? Ideas for lodging in the parks similar to Curry Village (covered cabins)? We'd also probably like to break up the time in the parks with a day or two in a city-any ideas?

I know this is a lot, but thanks so much!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,462 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a Trip

Posted for both parks on the Yellowstone forum.

2. Re: Planning a Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 26, 2014