We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GTNP in November?

Pocatello, Idaho
9 posts
Save Topic
GTNP in November?

Hi everyone,

I am looking at going to GTNP this weekend, and I just wanted to know what you guys would suggest. I enjoy wildlife viewing, photography, and x-country skiing. I know that they have gotten some snow, but I don't know how much. Is there enough snow for there to be any x-country skiing opportunities? Also, is there many opportunities for wildlife viewing this time of year? Would it be worth my time to go up there? Let me know what you think, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GTNP in November?

There's some snow in the valley, but it's spotty. There's more snow cover at higher elevations, but I think it would be hard to x-c ski. There are a lot of animals migrating; we're seeing a lot of elk and deer coming through our property.

2. Re: GTNP in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 25, 2013