We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Alert

Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bear Alert

This week's paper has a great article about griz #399, separating herself from the 3 cubs, and she now has 2 male "suitors".

www.jacksonholenews.com is the link and it is today's issue 5/21/08. (The link is also good to see a variety of webcams in the area.)

She and her "boyfriends" are in the Two Ocean Lake area, so check in with the park rangers if you plan to hike in the area.

Also a great piece on the fox pair with 5 babies, in an area in the town of Jackson.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,649 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear Alert

Good article, thanks for the link.

Pompano Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear Alert

I wonder if you could give me some insight. I am coming out to Jackson Lake Lodge next week for a few days on my own. Do you know if Lake Jackson is frozen over? Just coming out to "rest" and see the scenery. Was going to go on a tour of Grand Teton and one day to Yellowstone, whatever the weather may be. Don't know what the wildlife sighting prospects might be, but looking forward to it anyway!

Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear Alert

Regarding the lake, I haven't been up to the park for a few days. When we were up last weekend, it looked pretty icy. Jenny Lake was definitely iced over. And the trailhead to String Lake and Leigh Lake was buried under the snow. But that was almost a week ago, We've had a bit of rain the last few days. The paper's link to the webcams shows several views. It could be helpful.

The lodge surroundings should be nice. The Mural Room is a great spot for lunch, and being a solo traveler, you'll most likely be seated at the window; perfect for moose watching. And you'll probably be able to see elk from there, too.

4. Re: Bear Alert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 29, 2009