We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Lackawanna, New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Thinking of doing a pink jeep tour of the south rim will we see anything different doing this than driving ourselves?Having never been to the the Grand Canyon I don't know if they have a public shuttle or people drive themselves or tour jeeps. Help!, thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,854 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

We LOVE Desert Pearl. Book a riverside room

Lackawanna, New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Just wanted to let you know, I got all the hotels I wanted.I am so glad I did it now!!! Thanks for your help We extended things a couple of days too!!!! Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,854 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Well done! Now you can enjoy the other half of a great vacation experience. That is, planning and looking forward to it all.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
810 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Glad to hear you manage to extend your trip; it'll be well worth it; youi'll have a wonderful time.

Lackawanna, New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Let me ask you this we booked Red Cliffs Lodge for 3 nights I see that it is a distance from town. Would we be better off at Gouldings to be closer to restaraunts and stuff like that. Don't like eating all meals at hotel. With us it's all about the food. Thanks

Lackawanna, New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

What was I thinking Gouldings is monument valley.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,854 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

To answer your question in 15, Red Cliffs is beautiful though it is a good distance from town, the fact is that the parks and attractions around Moab are also a good distance from town. Arches NP is the closest, but still about 10-15 minutes depending on where you're staying, or about 20 minutes from Red Cliffs. The things you would be doing in town would most likely be dining and shopping. You'll still likely be using your car to get to shopping and dining, no matter where you stay, so all you're doing by staying at Red Cliffs is extending the commute by a few minutes. In daylight it's one of the prettiest drives you'll ever see. At night it's equally as beautiful, though darkness dominates. But if you take time to pull over and observe the night sky or the red cliffs above the river, you'll agree. Of course you can do that at the lodge too, but the river road is still beautiful.

Bottom line, if Red Cliffs is in your budget and you enjoy unique luxury accommodations, the distance from town shouldn't be a problem.

As for Gouldings at Monument Valley, it would be my clear second choice if the View was unavailable.

Lackawanna, New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

Thanks then I'm keeping as is. Red cliff and the the view you've been a big help

19. Re: Grand Canyon Pink Jeep Tour or drive and tour ourselves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 28, 2015