We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for 6 in the park?

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation for 6 in the park?

Not having much luck with my searches... can any of the lodges inside the park accomodate 6? 2 adults, 4 kids (youngest just turned 3). Really dont want 2 rooms if possible.

Thanks

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

I suggest you call xanterra and discuss it with them.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

I believe there are one-of-a-kind cabins or suites at Bright Angel but you need to call Xanterra to inquire and to make the reservations. If you need a quick answer, you should call (303) 297-2757 (phone number is for Denver, Colorado.) They do offer an email option on their "contact us" page but I've heard that they're not always quick to answer emails: www.grandcanyonlodges.com/find-us/contact-us/

3. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, July 26, 2014
Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

You can try ringing Xanterra but the Bright Angel suites book up very quickly and half the staff don't know they exist so you have to know what you are talking about and be persistent and speak to a supervisor because a few suites do exist.

The other problem (for Australians) is getting through. I started ringing when July 2015 bookings opened on July 1 and after an hour Re dialling finally got through but the suite I wanted was taken for all but one night we wanted. The only way you can cancel one of these bookings is to ring them back again. After all this effort we would have saved $60. Just go for 2 rooms.

You can discuss these rooms via email but they wouldn't let me book via email. This might have been because they hadn't been released yet, not sure.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,977 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

There are quite a few but as noted, they book as much as a year in advance. If you're searching for this summer you'll most likely have to settle for two rooms, even outside the park.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

Thanks for all the replies... It wont be until sept. 2015 or 2016 so no problem booking 12mths in advance but hope I dont have trouble getting through from Australia like past reply. We are wanting a '6' room as we will have our 4 young children with us and would prefer to be together, not for $ reasons. Thanks for your help, I will ring Xanterra and enquire about the process to have the best chance.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,914 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

One of the posters said that you must call to cancel a reservation. This is not true. You can cancel online.

Xanterra does answer questions. While they cannot make a reservation for September 2015, you can send them email and ask if they do have rooms to accommodate 6.

www.grandcanyonlodges.com/find-us/contact-us/ (scroll down for email contact form)

Most rooms have a limit of 5 persons including children.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

I have been emailing back and forth with Xanterra, all I can get out of them is to reserve online or call on the 1st of sept. but that I would need to book 3 rooms with 2 in each room??? Its a bit of a mission to sort out!

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,470 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

Since you can only make reservations 13 months out...yes you will have to wait until Sept 1, 2014 for a reservation for the month of Sept, 2015! The problem with calling on the first of each month is the volume of callers trying to get through to make reservations for Phantom Ranch! May want to wait until Sept 2.

With calling this early for your reservation you should have no problems reserving one of the larger suites for your family. There is the Sunrise suite that has 3 double beds in there that should work for your family!

I would urge you to call them direct and ask for what you want. 303-297-2757

SJG

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
511 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation for 6 in the park?

Thank you Southjerseygirl, I will definitely call in the next few weeks so that I can question them, then I will feel more sorted for when I need to call to book in Sept. They are quite direct in their emails to me saying that I will have to book more then one room!