We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can we reach Havasupai Fall

San Diego...
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Topic
How can we reach Havasupai Fall

I will be coming from LA, towards Grand Canyon. What is the easiest way to reach Havasupai Fall ?

Can it be reached by driving only (not tracking) ?

How much time does it require to reach ? I see on map, there is a road going from Kingman. Am i understanding this correctly ?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,226 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

Your itinerary in other posts makes it clear that you won't have time to even think about getting to Havasu Falls. The location is such that you'd need a minimum of 3 days to see it. It requires a grueling hike into the canyon and then again back out. These hikes cannot be done on the same day. Then you need a day in the middle to enjoy the falls. You cannot go without first applying for and receiving a permit from the Havasupai Nation.

So no, it can't be reached by driving, and no, you don't have time to go there.

If you would take a few minutes to read the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page you'll find answers to just about all of your previous questions and many more that you haven't even thought about yet.

2. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, August 18, 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,593 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

>> What is the easiest way to reach Havasupai Fall ?

The conventional way to reach the falls is to hike down Havasupai canyon from the trailhead at Hualapai Hilltop. Supai village is an 8 mile hike each way, and the falls are another two miles beyond that. 3 days / 2 nights is the general recommendation. Here's a description of the hike:

everytrail.com/guide/havasu-falls-amp-mooney…

There is limited helicopter service to Supai and here's a recent trip report by someone who did an overnight using heli transport. Note that helicopters don't run everyday:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31371-i12769-k661…

The Canyon is susceptible to flooding during monsoon season and was closed at the end of July due to flooding. There appears to be a facebook page and it probably has the most up-to-date information:

https:/…211929778857604

And, if it's not evidently clear by now, Havasu Falls isn't a drive-by stop.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

Thanks DetTigerFan.

It clears that I can not add it my current itinerary. But your reply added it my list of 'have to visit', in a individual trip. Thanks.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

As a minor aside, the Facebook page referenced above frequently has good info about Supai, but it's not related to the Havasupai Tribe in any way. The same is true for its associated web site havasupaitribe.com (which automatically links to havasupaifalls.net). All are owned by a company called AZNETCO. The official Havasupai web site (at www.havasupai-nsn.gov) notes this fact. Based on an Internet case you can read about at www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp… it appears the two had a falling out a few years ago).

6. Re: How can we reach Havasupai Fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 20, 2014