We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand canyon

Amsterdam, The...
3 posts
Save Topic
grand canyon

like to visit the canyon end of march begin april with an RV and 4 adults first time coming from holland all tips are welkom want to stay around about 5 days

tks rob

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
829 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand canyon

your request is a bit too generic - you might wanna let us know your interests in a bit more detail - one thing's for sure though. That time of the year, it'll be really, really cold at night - freezing! - at the GC. Depending on how long your overall trip is (?) plan to spend a good deal of your time in the lower elevations, i.e. in the desert, which will be lovely that time of the year - not too hot for 'outsiders' (this is by no means meant in any derogatory sense - it's just that people not used to this climate are often pretty much overwhelmed, literally, when they visit between June and September). At that time you will also see part of the desert in bloom and thus colorful - a very special experience.

I'm definitely not saying not to go to the GC - do by all means! - but be prepared. There might even be snowfall up there at that time ... this winter seems to be a bit crazy in any case

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand canyon

5 days for Grand Canyon NP is very long. Are you planning on hiking? Please tell us a bit more about your trip. You''ll have to go to South rim of GC because North rim will be closed. And Esty is right, nights will be freezing and snow is possible. End of march also is Easter weekend and it's Springbreak time so it can be busy.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand canyon

Browse the links under the 'Top Questions' at the top-right corner of this page to get started. Also lots of ideas in this forum, as well as Zion NP, Bryce NP, Page, Sedona, which are in the area and are often combined in an itinerary.

Do you know where you're flying into and where you're planning to rent an RV?

Information about the Grand Canyon National Park can be found here:

www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/index.htm

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand canyon

Agreeing that 5 days at GCNP will be a long time. I suggest that you add Sedona and/or Page to the plan.

www.visitpageaz.com

…go.com/Travel/…

http://vimeo.com/57884666

www.visitsedona.com

Amsterdam, The...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: grand canyon

tks , for so far. give you more info first driving to monument valley 1 day

then to page 2 days /canyon village2 days then drive to flagstaff to mohave valley 1 day then to vegas.

is mohave valley something? ore is there something better to do.

thank you all

rob

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,707 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand canyon

Mohave Valley? Try Sedona instead.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand canyon

Mohave Valley is scattered around az95. If you don't mind an RV driving over Sitgreaves pass between Kingman and Oatman and also drive parts of R66 between Seligman and Kingman you can stay for the night there but not much to see in the Valley itself from a tourist point of View.

Amsterdam, The...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: grand canyon

ok i think i will drop Mohave valley for sedona do they have good campings ground there ? Then drive back to vegas over the

66 stop by seligman and kingman can somebody tell me if there is a nice place to sleep over with an rv

thanks

rob

9. Re: grand canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 15, 2014