I'm planning road trip to Grand Canyon from Portland, OR. 2 reasons ; 1- it saves money ( air fare cost 500 min. per person & we've 4) ; 2 - I want enjoy my time.
I'll be leaving on 16th Nov 2012 and would like to back in Portalnd, OR by 22 nd Nov 2012.
I don't have any idea about route ( althouhg I have 3 routes each from different software Google Map, MapQuest, MS Road trip)
My questions -
1. What are the best routs especially in the Nov, are any road closures, due to snow?
2. Should I carry Gas Can with me? so I should not worry about long roads where no gas stations. I'm driving Sedan so not huge trunk space.
3. What Car tools I should keep with me?
4. Do I've to carry emergency kit?
5. Ok those were kiddy questions the bigeest one is what good thigs / Scenic views I can see during my drive?
6. How long shoudl I drive in single stretch is ti 500 miles / 600 miles / 800 miles ( single stretch meaning continious driving with 1-3 stops for food / pee etc. but not more than 3 stops)
dont just show me some wacky website b/c I can search my own, but I really like some expert openion who travelled on the road and have really really good exposure to this particular route.