We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estimated time from GCNP to Page via Wupatki?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
787 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Estimated time from GCNP to Page via Wupatki?

Hi,

Memorial Day weekend. Planning on leaving GCNP (SR) on sunday morning, stopping for all the must-sees in the eastern part of the park. I understand that it will take us approximately 4 hours till we get to the East Entrance. Is this correct? Then, we were going to stop at Cameron Trading Post on our way to Page. We would like to arrive in Page not later than 6 pm

How long will it take us to make a detour to visit Wupatki and drive the Sunset Crater Loop, including the necessary stops to really visit the place?

Is the Loop a paved road?

Thanks for your help!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,147 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estimated time from GCNP to Page via Wupatki?

The Wupatki/Sunset Crater loop is all paved and covers about 30 miles. You'll need at least 2 hours for the detour. 3-4 will allow you more time to walk and explore the various ruins.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
787 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estimated time from GCNP to Page via Wupatki?

Thank you, RedRox, for your prompt reply. I knew I could count on your knowledge. Thanks !!!

3. Re: Estimated time from GCNP to Page via Wupatki?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 16, 2012