We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Places for a Beer?

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Safe Places for a Beer?

The husband wants something to do on a couple of evenings after indulging me in my photography all day long. Can anyone share their experience at either of these two bars--Charlie's Bar in Babb, or Blue Moon Dance Saloon in Kalispell? We are seniors so it's more about relaxing with a cool drink and doing people watching for a hour or two. (I saw where Charlie's used to be 'brawl central' but has turned it around.)

Or can anyone recommend other evening venues where there is music in a relaxed setting?

Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Don't know about the safe place, but there are a couple of Montana beers available in Glacier Park you might want to try... Moose Drool and Scape Goat... Very good IMHO

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Charlie's can get weird. Babb Bar (supper club) is actually pretty nice. Blue Moon in Columbia Falls is a Country Western bar/dance place that is more often safe and fun. Belton Chalet at West Gaclier is great.

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Earlyhiker, it's a good thing we aren't talking about wine here-- it would hard to savor the 'bouquet' of a drink called Moose Drool. :-) Husband will give it a try. As for me--Moose Drool would be a good descriptive for any beer. Sure hope dacquiris are on the menu! LOL

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Thanks k2kelley for the heads-up! Sounds like we'll make Blue Moon our evening destination--especially since it's in Columbia Falls, where we're staying on the west side.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
619 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

If you wanted to make the drive into Whitefish, Great Northern Brewing Company has great beer. They do not serve dinner, but there is a great pizza place across the street if you wanted dinner first. Whitefish is only about a 30 minute drive from the west entrance of the park and a safe drive.

http://www.greatnorthernbrewing.com/

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Thanks for the suggestion lahord59. We had to leave Whitefish out of our agenda for lack of time. We'll be going to Moiese for one day and will be crossing GTTS each direction the other two days. Hoping to find a relaxing spot near where we're staying or en route.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Northwoodsorbust Make sure you try a Huckleberry Dacquiri!

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Mzambo, is that Huckleberry Dacquiri at Blue Moon?.

Montana
Level Contributor
344 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Whitefish is only 7 miles from The Blue Moon and you will be able to get a Huckleberry Daiquiri there at several different upscale drinking establishments...try The Lodge, the golf course or the Red Room and maybe even Crush...Casey's?

Nebo, NC
Level Contributor
235 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe Places for a Beer?

Thanks MontanaHappyVacation for making me aware of the proximity of Blue Moon to White Fish--7 miles is next door!