We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle between Logan Pass and Many Glacier area

MA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle between Logan Pass and Many Glacier area

Im trying to plan out a hiking itinerary for a trip next year. I was thinking of parking at Logan Pass for a night or two, hiking up to Granite Park Chalet for a night and then hiking over to the Many Glacier area for the next day. Problem here is how do we retrieve our car? Is there any sort of shuttle that goes between these two areas? I see the main shuttle route is just over the GTSR. Surely this hike route is not uncommon, how do others go about it? Alternatively, I guess we could hike back down to the Loop and grab the shuttle back up.

What is the preferred way to hike from Logan -> Many Glacier and get your car back?

Alternative plans are welcome!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle between Logan Pass and Many Glacier area

Yes, I did that exact same hike two weeks ago.... There's a 4:45 shuttle from Swiftcurrent Motor Inn to St. Mary's ($10)... Then you take the free hikers shuttle to Logan's Pass... Works great... This way you can get an early start to your hike on the Highline....

Tokyo Prefecture...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle between Logan Pass and Many Glacier area

Like tripr005, we did a similar itinerary last week. From our campsite at Many Glacier, we took the 7:30 AM shuttle ($10 per person) from the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn to St. Mary's, transferred to the free hiker's shuttle to Logan Pass, and were on the trail by 9:15. We weren't on the ball enough to get reservations at Granite Park Chalet, so we had to hike all the way back to Many Glacier in a day. It is long, but very do-able.

The one cavat I'd note is that if you take the early shuttles from Swiftcurrent, be sure and get there early, since they're first-come-first-served, and very popular. We got there 30 minutes early.

You'll love the hike, by the way. Beautiful! Have fun.

3. Re: Shuttle between Logan Pass and Many Glacier area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 15, 2013