We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car across the border

MA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car across the border

I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Glacier and Waterton for next year. Do most car rental companies allow travel across the border or are there any I should avoid if we want to visit both? I know that in traveling to other areas of the country, the rental agreement sometimes restrict you to keep your travel within certain states. Not sure if this is the same deal to day trip to Canada

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car across the border

I recently rented a car from Alamo car at the airport in Kalispell and it was OK to go to Waterton, which I did..... If your doing this next year, then I guess things could change by then so check with your rental company to make sure.... BTW.. breakfast at Prince of Wales is very good.....And the bacon is.... Canadian bacon

Edited: 3:56 pm, August 27, 2012
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car across the border

We found that certain types of cars there are issues. I don't remember which type is was, but when we were picking the car out at Spokane Airport the rental car representative told us certain kinds there are issues. It also depends which part of Canada you are planning on driving through. The car rental representative should know this. Just question them carefully.

3. Re: Rental car across the border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 16, 2013