We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
"Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Looks like Slow Hiker is now a DE!! Great news for this forum... It's always good to hear from someone who's "been there and done that".....Also good to hear from someone who "is there" and is "doing that".....

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
794 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Congrats Slow Hiker! Your contributions have been very valuable and love your website!

The 19th is Hidden Lake! 21st Dragons Tail.

I keep being told by Pocketlint on the Glacier Chat board that Dragons Tail entails no hands so no climbing only walking. I am not a climber either. There are some exposed areas that have me a bit nervous, but we are going to give it a try. Nothing stopping me from turning around if I don't feel comfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Hidden Lake
Hidden Lake
554 Reviews
West Glacier, MT
Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Mzambo

Just back from hiking into Grinnell Glacier both sound good to me.

Send me a an email with details.

Saw / photographed a grizzly sow and a very very active cub this morning on the near shore of Lake Sherborne as I was leaving Many Glacier just after sunrise.

Also saw the boardwalk bear on my way back to the last boat of the day.

slow hiker

Mentioned in this post
Grinnell Glacier
Grinnell Glacier
505 Reviews
Glacier National Park, MT
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
794 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

I just sent you an email with times for both days. Looking forward to meeting you!

Question for you regarding trail condition for Grinnell Glacier. That last 1/4 mile up where that snowfield was last year (the one the man fell to his death from) what does that area look like this year? I really did not feel comfortable on that snowfield last year and that was before I knew it was the one the man fell from.

Mentioned in this post
Grinnell Glacier
Grinnell Glacier
505 Reviews
Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

There is no snow anywhere on the Grinnell Glacier Trail as of this past Sunday. One very small patch of snow past the waterfall but it is above the trail about 3 feet.

Did see five big horn rams first one at the alpine meadow the rest at lunch stop. Two marmots handing around the lunch spot.

There are still wildflowers but they are past there peak.

I did 'run' into the boardwalk bear that was mentioned last week on the boardwalk while I was returning to the last boat of the day.

The bear when it spotted us on the boardwalk just got off the boardwalk and moved off into the marsh.

That was number two of four bears that I saw in Many Glacier over parts of three days.

The more spectacular of which was yesterday morning at sunrise while leaving Many Glacier along the near shore of Lake Sherborne. Which I mentioned in a post yesterday. Since I was half asleep I have memories and blurry pics as I had been taking sunrise landscape pics and didn't reset my camera for motion. ~sigh~

slow hiker

Mentioned in this post
Grinnell Glacier
Grinnell Glacier
505 Reviews
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
794 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Thanks for the updates SH! Sounds like lots of bear activity near Many, sounds like the Moose sightings are back up this year at Fishercap too!

We saw a bear swimming in that Reservoir last year. It was like a little kid on it's back playing. When it got out it was just walking along the shore when a photographer who had her tripod set up started to get too close for the bears liking. The bear charged her then retreated. Some people's ignorance amazes me at times. It was a good sized Griz.... That road into Many usually has bear jams! Watching that bear swim, however, was quite the highlight!

Harrington, Delaware
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

Congratulations! I just wanted to say that I was glad to have met you waiting for the last boat of the day at Many Glacier (couple from Delaware). Your website and tripadvisor helped me tremendously when planning our first trip to Glacier!

17. Re: "Congrat's Slow Hiker"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, August 21, 2013