We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian- food options in Anchorage, Seward, Denali

Seattle
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Vegetarian- food options in Anchorage, Seward, Denali

Hi

I'm a vegetarian. :) Are there restaurants with veggie options in Anchorage, Seward and Denali?

Thanks,

Sam

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,262 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian- food options in Anchorage, Seward, Denali

Oh, yes! Though it's mostly meat eaters here, there are plenty of veggie options. Do you eat fish or strictly veggies - just that you would have more options if you include fish in your diet. One place I frequent when in Anchorage is Snow City Cafe (www.snowcitycafe.com) as they have a wide selection of vegetarian choices.

In Denali: Most restaurants would offer some choices, but one you shouldn't miss would be Mile 229. While they have meat, they purchase organic/free-range products, and change their menu weekly and have an excellent chef. Bub's Subs offers veggie sandwiches, as well as a mediterranean veggie pita, salads, and soups. In Healy, we have the Lunch Box, which offers a veggie sub, as well as veggie rice bowls. Those are the first that pop in my mind - good restaurants that offer a few more choices - many places in Alaska, a salad will be about all they have. Good luck!

I hope this helps a bit in your adventure in Alaska! :)

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian- food options in Anchorage, Seward, Denali

Other excellent Anchorage options include the Moose's Tooth and the Bear's Tooth pub/movie theater. Yummy!

3. Re: Vegetarian- food options in Anchorage, Seward, Denali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 15, 2009