We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

Kentucky
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

I know this has probably been asked hundred of times, but I could find it no where. We are staying at McKinley Village Lodge on September 4 and 5th with a group, so no transportation. I see on their website they offer a shuttle into the park. What I'm wondering is, how much time should we allow to get to WAC and get on the shuttle there for Eielson or Wonder Lake? It looks like the shuttle leaves the hotel hourly starting at 6 a.m and the first shuttle to Wonder Lake is 6:45. Thank you!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

I would ask McKinley Village lodge how long their shuttle takes - they would have the best information. It isn't a long drive (about 15 minutes from there to WAC) - but I don't know where else they stop or if they leave promptly. You would want to leave time to pick up your prebooked ticket, etc., so that is how I would come up with your time estimate. Good luck! :)

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

With a group, the earlier you are at the WAC, the earlier you can get in line & get seats together, if that is important to you.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

I know this sounds strange, but even though we are with a group, we don't know any of them. So, there are just two of us planning this shuttle tour. The hotel shuttle says around 25 minutes to get to WAC. About how long are waits to pick up pre-booked tickets?

Cantwell, Alaska
Level Contributor
63 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

If there is any line at all for tickets it is usually for people trying to book tickets. There is a separate line for picking up tickets and I have never seen it very full. Upon arriving at the WAC you would probably have your tickets within 5 minutes. Since you are going early in the morning there will be even less people there booking tickets so several ticket agents would probably be able to assist you.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

Thank you! I think I'm going to call the hotel before I book to make sure about the times. I would like to go on the earliest shuttle to Wonder Lake. I was afraid there could be long lines at WAC, so I'm happy to hear there wouldn't be.

6. Re: McKinley Village Lodge to WAC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2014