We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

My 22 year old daughter and I will be travelling to Alaska June 20- 27 2013 We have made no plans as of yet and booked nothing. The thing we want to see the most is bears and wildlife. We will be doing this on a budget. I do not want to drive from Anchorage to Denali, I prefer train. We have never been there and have no idea about anything. We would like to spend our money on seeing Denali rather than the most expensive lodging. We get sea sick easy and are not in great favour of going on boats. Is renting a car possible in Denali? All help will be appreciated in planning this adventure Thanks in advance.

Dawn & lindsey

New York
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

I have found, that the downtown has been cheaper of the three offices for my rentals, last rented , last year. .

I just did a quick look and it doesn't matter, they got a good rate for their week. Enterprise is $500/600 per week.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

Sometimes Alamo has very inexpensive rates.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

Thank-you, I will look into Enterprise it sounds way better. Any more ideas are welcome, for flights from Detroit.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

Checking all companies both on- and off-airport is always wise. In the past, Enterprise on E. International Airport Blvd. has generally provided me with the best rates (multiple trips a year). But my last trip had Avis at the airport being the best rate by far for a 2-day rental. My next trip in September will be with Alamo at the airport, since that is the cheapest. Eliminating any option just means your price might be higher than it otherwise could be.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

Dawn,

Northern lights and tour saver coupons may be worth looking into for you. They offer hotels and tours at greatly reduced prices. You can stay at the Grande denali lodge hotel for $103 per night including tax. This hotel is close to the entry of the Denali National Park and has a shuttle service but is a few miles up a hill so it is best if you have your own transport to get into town to each more reasonably and for easy access to the park. Read trip advisor reviews to see what accommodation will suit you.

Also "The Alaska App" has deals for various hotels and other accommodation that are reasonable prices. Make sure you add tax to all your searches. The tax varies from place to place around Alaska.

Edited: 6:03 pm, July 17, 2012
16. Re: Where is a good place to stay in Denali and economical?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 19, 2013