We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denai shuttle reservations

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Denai shuttle reservations

Hi everyone, looks like there are a lot of people with great knowledge of Denali, so thought I'd give this a shot. We're planning to go to Denali in July, but for reasons beyond my control, I wasn't able to start planning this vacation (which is primarily for my grandfather) until now (yikes!). No shuttle reservations for Denali are available online--it says that 35% are reserved until 48 hrs. prior to the date. What are our chances of getting shuttle tickets on the spot? Also, do I have a snowball's chance of finding lodging at this point (for a group of 6)? THANKS for your help!!

Taiwan
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

Hi Aquablue. Panic over. My reservations came through so need to make phone calls. I was hoping to avoid them as they'd be international calls for me! Thx anyway.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

Isn't it a relief when everything works out - have a great trip! :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

Thanks everyone for your help! I just reserved tickets online about 2 weeks ago for 1st week of July--very simple, and exactly the time and shuttle we wanted.

NYC
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

The online reservation service is really bad. Made a reservation several weeks ago. Didn't get any confirmation. Emailed them twice for questions. They never reply. Have to call them.

Anybody can tell me where can I complain?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,949 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

himalayarange: I would talk directly to the National Park Service - ask to speak to a supervisor regarding this - they need to hear this information. Here is the direct Denali NPS # (907) 683-2294. Hope this helps! :)

NYC
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

coalminer, thanks. I called them, waited several minutes to reach an operator. She spent some time to figure out my order and was told it's confirmed.

17. Re: Denai shuttle reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 13, 2009