We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

Lake Macquarie, NSW...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

I emailed reservedenai@aramark.com sometime ago to reserve seats on the Shuttle bus (to Fish Creek) for June 2nd & 3rd but have had no response. Does anyone know if the offices are unattended at present and if so, when could I expect an answer? Or maybe I have the wrong web site. Would appreciate feedback.

What about kyaking or canoeing? Where is the best spot and do we need to book for this time of the year?

As we have 4 nights in Denali want to "get it right" and not miss a thing!! This I'm sure will be the highlight of our Alaskan holiday.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

Hello there warners! Sorry I was busy yesterday and didn't have time to reply. Yes, someone should be making reservations. When you made your reservation, did you print out the confirmation, if one was given? If not, I would try to email them again or call them.

Here is the info I got on their site. http://www.reservedenali.com/

Reservations: 1-800-622-7275 (toll free).

You can kayak on the Nenana river and canoe on Otto Lake or also drive out on the Denali Hwy for canoeing lakes out there. If you want to raft or do a group activities, I would recommend the Denali Outdoor Center (DOC), as they have the best local reputation. I wouldn't worry about booking until you showed up - see how the weather is and what you really feel like doing.

Anything else you want to do here?? Just write again and let me know. :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

Hi again! I just had trouble posting what I originally wrote - TA wouldn't let me post a "word with more than 40 characters" and all I was trying to post was their email address - it's different than what you posted. It's on their website right below their phone # - the one that says doyon-aramark. Man, was that frustrating! I kept trying to change the sentence structure - so I hope that post made sense. Good luck! :)

Lake Macquarie, NSW...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

I did not receive a confirmation for the shuttle booking so will access their web site now.

Have also made note of your suggestions for kyaking and canoeing.

Just one more ask Coalminer - did you see my note re Denali Mountain Morning Hostel? Would really apreciate feedback as we have booked 4 nights in a cabin at this hostel.

Thankyou Coalminer (so helpful as always - to everyone's enquiries)!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle bus web site/kyaking/canoeing

I know where it's located, but haven't been inside, so that is why I haven't replied - hoping someone who has stayed there will reply. :) I have seen pics, so it looks good, and you are handy to several good restaurants (McKinley Creekside Cafe is one of my favorites) and it's not so crowded down in Carlo creek area compared to the Park entrance. Hope that helps some - wish I knew more. :)