We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

Hi - we have reservations in Healy the last week in July. Our cabin does not have wireless access, but we're wondering if there's a place near the park or "in town" where we could get connected? We like to bring a laptop so we can check weather, make last-minute reservations, upload photos, keep in touch with family, stuff like that.

Thanks!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,457 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

Let's see - I believe they have wireless at Black Bear coffeehouse - on the boardwalk in "glitter gulch" as well as the Healy Community Library has wireless as well as computers for public use - they are usually open 3 days a week during the summer. They are located in the school building - if you can't find it, just ask any local. It's not too far from the post office. :)

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

Hi,

If you are at the Riley Creek Store, they had free wireless for the last 2 summers. It isn't the fastest but I could send and receive email and check various sites without issue.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

- Kery

North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

Thank you both, coalminer & fly's... that info is helpful. By the way, we have Verizon phones. How is Verizon coverage in Healy/Denali?

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

I have Verizon too and it works wel in most cell covered areas across Alaska.

As far as Denali, my phone works well around the Park entrance area and Glitter Gulch but spotty going south towards Anchorage for a ways. I don't remember if it worked in Healy or not, but I suspect that it did as I seemd to have coverage anywhere somebody else did.

Make you you are on national no roaming plan to be sure not to incur roaming charges.

- Kery

5. Re: Wireless internet service near Denali/Healy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...