We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

I don't mind tipping, but I'm not sure if it is allowed or expected

for the shuttle bus driver. Also, if we are hiking, we will be getting

on & off - do we tip each time?

Once again, I appreciated your expertise!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

I tipped the driver a couple of bucks when I got off, though most did not. It is not expected or required howevr, she was grateful. I thought she was great...answerd questions and stopped for long periods of time when wildlife was in the area. I remained with the same bus the entire time.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,856 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

If they provide an excellent tour and service, sure - why not?? If all they do is sit and drive, I wouldn't. A tip is for excellent service . . . some deserve one, some do not. I would just use your own judgement on that one.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

Thanks to you both. I will be prepared!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

And if you do have a driver who is tip worthy, please feel free to let other passengers SEE you tip the driver so that they may realize it is an acceptable thing to do. More tips make happy drivers.

TX
Level Contributor
156 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

Agree about the superior service criteria. I was glad I had seen something somewhere about tipping the drivers before we went because it just hadn't registered with me they were not park service employees. Unfortunately the driver we wound up spending the most time with didn't do anything but drive. The next after our hike was great tho, certainly went above and beyond to provide an excellent experience.

6. Re: Do I tip the shuttle bus driver??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...