We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali Park in June- Reservation

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
belgium
14 posts
Save Topic
Denali Park in June- Reservation

Hi! This forum help me a lot to prepare my trip in June !!! Thanks

We want to camp in the Denali Park around 6-7-8th june

Do we reserve the bus from our cuntry to visit the park or do we reserve the bus when we'll arrive in the park? Is June a hot period for tourism in Alaska ? Are reservations necessary?

It's difficult to know...

Tacha

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali Park in June- Reservation

I would say registering ahead of time is the best bet. This website should give you enough information. It will be busy the first week or so of June, the cruises are already running and most always go to Denali (http://www.nps.gov/dena/)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,458 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali Park in June- Reservation

Hello again!

It's not as busy in early June as later June/early July can be. Most of the cruise folks go on the Tundra tour, and don't use the shuttle bus system. They also aren't camping. :) You might call ahead or you can book both your shuttle bus reservations and campground online (www.nps.gov/dena) If Denali isn't your first stop, you could call for reservations when you arrive in Alaska if you are worried.

If you book ahead, I would reserve the campground first, and then your shuttle tickets. Try for Wonder Lake, as it's the furthest campground in the Park and I believe it is just opening on June 6 for camping. If that isn't available, I would try for Savage River. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly for you. :)

Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...