We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali Sightseeing Safaris

SW Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Denali Sightseeing Safaris

Has anyone heard of this company or used their services. I am trying to find an alternative to taking the shuttle or the bus in Denali. I came across this website and it looks interesting but I can't seem to find any "review/comments" about it.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Denali
Denali
2,184 Reviews
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali Sightseeing Safaris

Hey TravelGirl,

I haven't used their services, but I remember seeing a small bit on them or someone like them in a Discovery Channel Denali documentary. I know for sure, they are not taking you into Denali National Park as on the bus/shuttle/tours are permitted into the National Park.

It looked more like a 4x4 trip someplace north (maybe) of the park and on the tv show, it appeared geared more towards the 4x4 enthusiest as they were somewhat loud. I doubt that the experience would be at the same level as the bus system in the Park.

I have taken several trips on the VTS busses and have always enjoyed the experience. I always take a Wonder Lake bus and found them to be the best method of getting deeper into the park as well as seeing the park geology and its wildlife without hiking, which I highly recommend. You will meet very nice people as you all share the sights and scenes on the bus ride. I did not find it particularly bumpy or rough and the rest stops/photo op's were plentiful.

I have at least 4 days riding the bus round trip thjis June/July reserved on my 2 week trip and another 10 days in the backcountry to truely get into Denali.

May I ask what your thoughts or concerns on the bus/shuttle in the park might be? When are you planning on being there? If I can help, please ask any questions. I am sure that Coalminer will be able to help out as well.

Good luck,

- Kery

Mentioned in this post
Denali
Denali
2,184 Reviews
Wonder Lake
Wonder Lake
252 Reviews
Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali Sightseeing Safaris

The Denali Sightseeing Safari trip is wonderful, though a very, very different experience than any of the trips into the park on the main road. You can see my review/photos at explorenorth.com/articles/monster_truck_tour…

Murray

Mentioned in this post
Denali
Denali
2,184 Reviews
SW Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denali Sightseeing Safaris

Kery and Murray

Thank you for your information. Murray - nice company write up. Just after my original posting I found that this company was going to be a 3 hour drive so it might not really work for us.

Kery...in reply to your question about the shuttle. My husband and I are traveling with another couple and they (and us also if I must be honest) don't really want to spend all day on a bus. I have thought about the shuttle and am thinking about just doing that and getting off to do a hike but I think there are some reservations by the group about "wildlife....bears". I know there have been no attacks but I think there is a bit of nerves.. We would really like to do a guided hike but not sure if we will be able to get on one of the ranger hikes. We arrive in the afternoon of the 21st and will be doing a rafting trip that afternoon. We would be looking to do the hike the next day. I may enlist the help of the Alaska Tour and Travel company as they have 4 hour guided hikes. However, I am still open to suggestions.

We are really looking forward to this trip. While I have planned 10 days (2 Fairbanks, 2 Denali, 2 anchorage, 4 nights on cruisewest and 2 Juneau) I am realizing that a second trip will be necessary....sometime in the future.

Thank you again for any and all suggestions (Denali or anywhere else we are going).

Dawn

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Denali
Denali
2,184 Reviews
Juneau
Juneau
Alaska
4. Re: Denali Sightseeing Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, August 29, 2009