We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

My family of six, 4 adults and 2 toddlers, is planning a 3-day trip to Denali on 5/19/07. We've read numerous reviews on different hotels, lodges, cabins, and B&B on the forum but can't decide. We would prefer to stay close to town so it'll be a short drive for meals, sightseeing, and etc.

Here are some names of accommodations we're considering:

Hotel/Lodges:

Grande Denali

McKinley Chalet

Cabins:

The McKinley Creekside Cabin

Denali Suites

B&B's:

Aspen Haus

Earthsong

Please share your experience if you have stayed at any of these places or would recommend others.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

Hi there! Well, if I were traveling with toddlers, I don't think I would pick the hotels at the Park. Out of the accommodations listed, I would pick Denali Suites . . . it's like an apartment, with separate bedrooms, bathroom and a full living and kitchen area. It's often difficult to eat out with toddlers, so that would really help not just with your expenses, but also would make it much easier all the way around for you. Out of the B&B's, I would pick Aspen Haus, as it's more spacious. Both are located in Healy, which has a few restaurants, but it's just a short drive to the Park entrance area where there are more restaurants. Hope that helps! :)

California
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

Thanks. Coalminer.

I've checked with Aspen Haus as you have recommended them on past postings. Unfortunately, they are not open on the days of my trip. I'm also considering Denali Lakeview Inn as an option. The feedback from other users have been positive and the pictures from their website looked great.

Between the hotels at the park entrance and the Denali Lakeview Inn, which one would you recommend?

Thanks.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,546 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

I would stay at the Denali Lakeview - you will have incredible views of the mountains and a lovely lake, as well as you would be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist traffic here as well, (very peaceful) especially compared to the other hotels at the entrance. Good luck! :)

4. Re: Looking for a nice place to stay close to the park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...