We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley & Yosemite

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley & Yosemite

Hi all! Needing some advice, very confused after reading through so many different questions on here...

We will be driving in mid May next year and would like to see as much as possible going through Death Valley & Yosemite. We have 2 days to get there so looking for the best place to stop this time of year halfway into the trip. Looking at our flight out will need to be in SFO airport by no later than 4pm on the second day for an international flight.

We will be leaving Vegas as early as possible (maybe 4-5am?) to get out of Vegas to see sunrise in Death Valley and get the most out of the day. I'm wanting to check out accommodation for the overnight stay but I'm stuck at the point as to whether Tioga Pass will be open this time of year or not. How early is this information available? If need be we can stay somewhere like Fresno area (I have no idea on this either!!) and drive into Yosemite early on the second day and then drive to the airport. I understand it is a tight time frame, I'd love to do this over 4-5 days, but we don't have any more time in our itinerary!!

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley & Yosemite

we have just returned from reversed trip have put a trip report on the forum which may be of interest enjoy x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley & Yosemite

Thank you!!

13. Re: Las Vegas to San Francisco via Death Valley & Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 08, 2014