We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crater Lake Trolley

Hartford, Vermont...
2 posts
Save Topic
Crater Lake Trolley

does anyone know where the trolley tours pick up? I will be coming from portland (in July) and am thinking we would stay at Apsen Inn in Klammath Falls. i see the trolley's address reads Klammath Falls but I'm not sure where the tour begins from. Or, is there a shuttle that runs from Klammath Falls into the crater lake park area where the trolley picks up? This is a quick stop on a big road trip. I would like to get a nice tour around and view the lake without driving myself then return to klammath falls and hit the road.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crater Lake Trolley

Check

klamathshuttle.com

Edited: 10:09 pm, February 21, 2013
Oregon
Level Contributor
939 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crater Lake Trolley

I had not heard of this trolley before, so just did some research online. I think that you have to get yourself to Crater Lake from K Falls - then you can take the trolley tour around the lake. It's an hour and a half (75 - 80 miles) one way from K Falls to Crater Lake. The tour itself is 2 hours long. The company simply keeps the trolleys at the lake, and they offer 2 hour tours around the lake with a guide once you're there. Getting to the lake is clearly off the beaten path (or highway, as the case may be). Not going to meet your expectation of a "quick stop" on your road trip, as far as I can tell.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crater Lake Trolley

I think it picks up at the Running Y Ranch, see their website: runningy.com/recreation/crater-lake/Transpor…

4. Re: Crater Lake Trolley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 24, 2014