We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?

Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?

This is a question for those of you who have been to both places:

If you had a week in early September to visit only 1 of them, which would you choose, all things considered?

Thanks.

missouri
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?

I went to Glacier a few years ago for 8 days around mid-September and had a great time. There were very few crowds and the weather was great. Took a lot of short hikes, but it was kind of scary because there was a grizzly attack the week before we went on one of the same trails we hiked. If you are on the forum, I'm sure you've read about bear spray...we got a free can from our hotel before we entered the park and another free one from a KOA we stayed at... There is a a great little bakery...Polsan or something like that...in the middle of nowhere, they use a huge generator...wonderful food , we ended up going back again for some more sandwiches and cookies. I'm sure the forum can tell you more. I'm heading to the Oregon coast and CNP the end of Sept., can't wait, the pictures look wonderful...love mountains and oceans so will see some of both. When you decide to visit CNP and the coast, this forum is a huge help.

12. Re: Crater Lake in Oregon or Glacier National Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 06, 2010