We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near the pier in Ventura

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near the pier in Ventura

We will be making our first trip to the Channel Islands next June or July.

From what I have read, Ventura is the better place to stay for day trips to the islands. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

What hotels are within walking distance of the pier?

I was looking at Holiday Inn Express..are they located near the pier to go out to the Channel Islands?

Also, is the parking area for the ferry to the Channel Islands a pay parking lot? If so, what are the parking fees?

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

Does the ferry leave from the pier or from the harbor?

I think it might leave from the Harbor.

The Holiday Inn Crown Plaza is down by the pier/promanade and the Holiday Inn Express is in the Harbor, so is the Sheraton.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

Island Packers is one of the main companies that take you to the Channel Islands. On there website is a list of hotels that have package deals with them. http://www.islandpackers.com/hotel.html

The have boats that leave from Oxnard and Ventura.

Also - the boats leave from the harbor, not the pier.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

Hi Pozj,

It's been a few years since we went to the Channel Islands, so things might have changes.

As others have mentioned, the boats leave from the harbor, where parking was free. There is a small museum related to the Channel Islands adjacent to the harbor. If you have the time, be sure to visit it.

Have fun planning.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

Thanks juxie and susie-travels, I will look closer to the harbor, then. Thanks for your input!

Hey there 1 travelingfamily! Good to see over here. We wanted to stay close to the Harbor so that we don't have to fight traffic and lose time that we could be on one of the islands. I want to spend as much time as I can on the islands and just thought this might be easier. Thanks for the info , and we will put the museum on the list.

Do you recommend Ventura over Oxnard to get out to the island?

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

we booked our stay at the HI Express. I am hoping this is walking distance to Island Packers?

6. Re: hotels near the pier in Ventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 30, 2009