We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: July 2013

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: July 2013

t's crazy but I cannot find on TA where I posted my trip report. I remember writing it...

So, here it is, recreated from my memory + my posts to facebook. ;-)

---

With my dad, I took a Caravan Tour bus trip from Phoenix AZ to Grand Canyon to Bryce to Zion to Las Vegas. Here is the report about the Bryce part of the trip.

Day 6 - A long travel day from Lake Powell, so bags outside door at 6:45am and on the bus at 7:30am. Bye, bye, Lake Powell. Rest stop at Kenab UT, aka Little Hollywood. Not to do anything touristy like the museum or even photo opp at Little Hollywood sign. Another place with bathrooms and tourist trinkets. I rebel and walk across the street to take landscape photos and try to go into art studios and museum but...it's a Sunday morning - nothin' is open. Bye, bye Kenab. Off to Bryce Canyon. We only have a few hours there, so I'm glad the guide pushed us to buy a packable lunch the day before. Of course, I found a non-Walmart place to get ours. On bus ride, we saw horses, cows, bison. Excited when we arrived at Bryce, We were only there for a few hours -- enough time for lunch and a short hike. My dad and I ate lunch on the rim of Bryce Canyon, surrounded by hoodoos. I like this lifestyle :-) I followed the guide's advice on where to hike. Other than the usual rush to get back to the bus on time, it was wonderful. I saw stunning rock formations, tiny birds with high-up nests in rocks, chipmunks were everywhere. For those of you considering a tour -- a few hours in Bryce is not enough. With hindsight, I would have given up Lake Powell for more time here. Back on the bus -- there was a quick stop at Bryce Point before we hit the road towards Zion. My trip report continues on the Zion Forum

PA
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: July 2013

Glad you got to enjoy a few hours in Bryce - one of the most stunning places I've ever seen!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
165 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: July 2013

bluehighwaysPA - I feel fortunate to have the chance to go to Bryce at all. It's a beautiful place, the hiking was reasonable, and there's fun wildlife to see. If I had a choice, I would have stayed overnight so I could have a full day there. Next time :-)

3. Re: Trip Report: July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...