We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

Next August my boyfriend and I will be visiting Bryce Canyon. It might be a bit of a rushed day I think as we'll be leaving Page early morning to go to Bryce and want to be at Zion by early evening. Unfortunately I can't give Bryce any more time with our itinary :( I was hoping to have time for a drive to some of the over-looks and to hike the Navajo Queens loop - does this sound reasonable? We're experienced and fairly speedy hikers but want time to take some photos. Is this loop clearly marked? How long does it take? Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

The loop trail is simple to follow. Too bad you can't give Bryce more time. It's one of my favorite places to be for an overnight stay. Try to plan your vacation so you never have to rush.

2. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:37 pm, November 21, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,709 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

The trail is very easy to follow. How long it takes you depends on your fitness level. It took me about 3 hrs the last time I did it. It would take me longer now. My son did it in about 45 min last Spring. Plan at least 3 hrs for the hike.

On a day with about 5 hrs drive time (3 from Page and 2 to Zions) you may not really want to do anything else. Enjoy that main amphitheater, Sunrise (Queen's Garden trailhead), Sunset (Navajo trailhead) and Inspiration Points. Do the hike, walk along the rim trail and don't worry about the scenic drive. It is not essential, and you don't have time.

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

Thanks again RedRox! I know I'm rushing Bryce (and Monument Valley earlier in the vacation) and I'm sad about that but I'm allowing lots of time for the Grand Canyon, Zion and Vegas (including wedding!) so it shouldn't be too frantic a pace over all. I'm trying to get it all booked up and detailed itiniarys including hikes, driving directions, etc printed off and put in a file before Christmas so then I can just relax and look forward to it!

Thanks Gars1958, 8 hours sounds perfect and I'll start early. I'm goin to watch tha Youtube video now.

England
Level Contributor
76 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

Thanks Kbecjeans - I might leave the scenic drive and focus my time on the hike.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

Hi Hannah, I would plan it. The park service calls this the "world's best 3-mile hike". You're coming a long way, so I would definitely recommend hiking down into the hoodoos.

USA
Level Contributor
846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

The Wall Street hike is amazing.

Edited: 9:30 pm, November 12, 2013
Bedford,U.K
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

Just done it a few days ago and was my most relaxed hike ever. I think you should allow 2 hrs inc numerous photos stops. Absolutely beautiful, so don't miss out on it.

9. Re: Is the Navajo/Queens loop easy to follow? Do we have time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...