We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Aalsmeer, The...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

I am planning a 3.5 week road trip with my family in July 2014 (see full itinerary: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g28926-i29-k6716628-3_weeks_in_California-California.html#51683119).

For the two nights I am planning to stay in Bryce Canyon National Park area I am looking for reasonably affordable and family friendly accommodation. My current choice is the Bryce Canyon Lodge, but would you suggest anything else?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,509 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon Lodge is great as you can walk to the rim - especially good for sunrise. Our usual choice is Ruby's Inn, right at the entrance. Best Western Grand is another good choice, again, right at the park entrance.

Have fun.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

3 hotels are owned by Ruby's. Ruby's Inn, BW Grand and Bryce View Lodge. Bryce View lodge is next to BW Grand and prob cheapest option.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

We enjoyed the almost new BW grand and will always stay there personally. While the park lodge www.brycecanyonforever.com is convenient to the rim(great for sunsets/sunrises), the Ruby's properties are nearby, within a mile or two. The Ruby's properties, within Bryce Canyon City, sit on the park boundary, much like Springdale at Zion. In the Summer months, the optional shuttle leaves Rubys Inn and heads into the park.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Amazing, how so called experts, always recommend Cattle Call Rubys.

Bryce Point Bed & Breakfast located in Tropic, a few scenic 12 miles from Bryce, will allow you 2 fantastic rooms , including breakfast. $80 per room immaculate and no comparison to Rubys,

On this topic definitely disagree with above suggestions...

Stayed in Both, definitelty hate Rubys....unless you love chains and tourists galore , mind boggling on their replys...

Check TA reviews.... sorry tet

Edited: 12:37 am, August 08, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

It's all about location. Bryce Canyon Lodge and Cabins is the ONLY option inside the park. As noted, you can walk to the rim. This is especially significant at Bryce for night sky viewing, IMO, equally as stunning as day time viewing of the canyon and hoodoos.

Rubys Inn properties are the next best location, within a mile of the park gate. Rubys Inn has been hosting visitors for over a century. The facility has obviously grown but no where else can the masses be accommodated with proximity to the park.

With all due respect Joeman, I'm sure you enjoyed the value and the comfort of the B&B in Tropic, but you sacrificed location. Some folks might be willing to do the same, and that's what would keep the place in business. But I stand by the priorities I've given.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

No harm done Joe. I know you like Tropic! Have a great trip.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

RedRox makes some good points....also Best Western their is a good one

Tet, hope all is goind well for you......

Edited: 7:21 pm, August 09, 2013
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Thanks Joe. Only 3 weeks before our next trip.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,473 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Hans, PM me your itinerary. We have a New England trip in September before we see you in October.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for accommodation in Bryce Canyon

Done

Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...