We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise at sunset point?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
174 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise at sunset point?

Hello.. I read in another post a recommendation to view sunrise from sunset point as the lighting here makes for better views and photographs.. Any thoughts or recommendations?

We are staying at the cabins in the park so we can move around easily.

Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,681 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise at sunset point?

I'm not a photographer to speak of, so hopefully someone who is will comment. But any of the main viewpoints would be good- Sunrise, Sunset, Inspiration, or Bryce will give you views into the east facing amphitheater as will many spots a long the rim trail. And heading down one of the trails into might work as well for a less panoramic shot.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,192 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise at sunset point?

Good advice so far. As a photographer, really, any of the points will work. Yes, there is a slight benefit to Sunrise Point at sunrise and Sunset Point at sunset (sunsets definitely not as good as sun goes down behind trees and ridge). The two points are so close together that you can easily walk to find your shot. You'll see where the sun is coming up and can plan accordingly.

As Kbecjeans noted, there's also a benefit after the initial sunrise to get into the canyon a bit - even a 3-4 minute walk down a trail. The light does magical things in the morning. Here's an example, just a 3 minute walk down a trail from, I think, Sunrise Point.

www.flickr.com/photos/tkellyphoto/7522875292/

Have fun.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
174 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise at sunset point?

Thanks for the replies! Can't wait to see it for myself

Great pics btw :)

4. Re: Sunrise at sunset point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...