We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather/temperature in early October

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
167 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Weather/temperature in early October

Hi,

My wife and I will arrive Bryce Canyon NP on 1 Oct, stay overnight at the lodge, and plan to take the 2 hour horse ride the next morning (9-11am). My wife ask me whether it will be cold in the morning.

I figure out from the NPS weather chart that the temperature range is between 33 to 70 F.

Is it when the sun comes up it will get warm very fast in the morning? Any idea?

Mentioned in this post
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,964 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather/temperature in early October

Yes, definitely gets cold overnight at high elevation. But if you have sunny day, it will warm up to be very comfortable. Frankly, it's about the best time of year to visit in my opinion. The sun will warm things up VERY quickly in the morning. FYI, Bryce is much better to see at sunrise than sunset. And you have reasonable sunrise times that time of year.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
167 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather/temperature in early October

Thanks for the information.

3. Re: Weather/temperature in early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...