We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

My husband and I are hopefully leaving from Bellingham, WA Aug 19th and returning Aug 24th from Las Vegas. We would like to go to Zion National Park to hike Angels Landing and then go and possibly hike The Narrows a little bit, a mile or 2. Then go to Bryce Canyon. I would like to drive straight to Springdale, UT and spend the night so that we are already there monday morning. Stay there for 2 nites and see everything and then drive back to LV. My husband on the other hand wants to stay in Vegas the 1st night and leave to go to Zion 1st thing in the morning, stay in Springdale 1 night, see everything and then drive back to LV. I don't particular want to do that but...was wondering if anyone had any input. Thanks:D

Edited: 12:13 am, August 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Bryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon
27 Reviews
Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

Just my opinion, but I believe you will find a majority vote on the Utah forum to stay two nights in Springdale versus one and one. You have my support on your two night plan . It ensures you get the proper amount of time to explore the park.

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,530 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

You can't possibly do all of that with just a single night in Springdale. Even with two nights you need to be more realistic. It can't all happen in that little time.

Mentioned in this post
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

I'm a little confused. You want to drive from Bellingham WA to Springdale in one day?? on Sunday the 19th ? So you can be there Monday Morning?

Your DH wants to drive first to LV? Or are you flying to LV?

I'm going to assume you are flying to LV and you are wondering if you should head to Zion Sunday after arrival OR do as your spouse wants and stay in LV the first night. Right?

If that is the case then I'm going to go with your plan.

The drive from LV to Zion is about 3 hrs. With the time change it will be 4hrs to get there. If you leave LV Monday morning you will have already lost half a day.

Then you want to hike Angel's Landing and do the Narrows. If you are strong hikers you could do them both in one day. I couldn't. I would need a day for each.

Then you want to visit Bryce. In this short of a trip I would suggest you skip it altogether. The drive from Bryce to LV is about 5 hrs, though you do gain that hour back so it seems like 4.

Try this: LV to Zion on Sunday, hike Angel's landing (and if you are strong then you'll be done by noon) and "see everything" else on Monday. Then the Narrows on Tuesday and back to LV that night if you want.

If you can get three nights for the parks then head to Springdale Sunday, stay Monday night, after hiking on Tuesday drive to Bryce stay there Tuesday and then Wed noonish head back to LV.

Edited: 12:59 am, August 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

YES, we are flying down of course and picking up a rental car in Vegas. Just wondering peoples positive opinions of what would be the smartest thing to do if if in fact they have done the same or similar trip before.

Mentioned in this post
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

It is difficult to get an exact grip on what your plans are. I think that what you stated, spending two nights in Springdale, resulting in a full day in the park.

Angels Landing, a mile of the Narrows, and a trip to Bryce can't be done on one day.

You could do Angels landing in the morning, and some of the Narrows in the afternoon(both these hikes are quite tough) Spend your night in Springdale, then head to Bryce the next day for a couple of hours, before returning to LV in the evening. Ideally a night up by Bryce would be what is required. The drive Zion-Bryce is two hours min. Bryce back to LV would be 4-5 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

Thank you so much. That is what I was figuring but its nice if someone else thinks it may work as well:D Cheers

7. Re: Las Vegas to Zion to Bryce Canyons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...