We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
848 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

I'll be in Bryce in June, and plan on taking in a walk from Sunrise Pt to Sunset Pt (hopefully around sunset, but who knows). I read somewhere (possibly here on TA) that the best way was to park at Sunset, take the shuttle to Sunrise, then walk back.

But I'm staying at the lodge, and would prefer to leave my car there for the duration. I could just take a shuttle to Sunrise, walk down to Sunset, then shuttle back to the Lodge, but I'm wondering about distances; I don't know if the park map is to scale, but about how long would it take to walk from the Lodge to Sunrise, and from Sunset back to the Lodge? At night?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

It is only a little more than a half mile between Sunrise and Sunset Points and the Lodge is basically between the two. I would just leave the car at the lodge and walk this. You will be on the Rim Trail which is basically flat and is paved. Just take a flashlight with you if you will be out after dark.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

Great question I was going over my plans last night was was wondering something similar. I read the shuttle stops at 7:40 so you couldn't use it to return after sunset.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

Ah I see OhioHick answered while I was typing thanks

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
848 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

Tks OhioHIck, I think I can manage that distance.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

SIWST853: cross-posts happen!

psychokilla: yep, it is an easy walk. You will enjoy it!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,147 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

The best thing about scoring a cabin or a room at the lodge at Bryce is the convenient walk to the rim for sunset, sunrise, and the amazing night sky viewing. Don't forget to bring a flash light.

7. Re: From the lodge to Sunset or Sunrise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...