We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastest route Bryce - Las Vegas

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
259 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Fastest route Bryce - Las Vegas

I've realised that what may look like the fastest route on Google etc may not actually be the fastest or best. I've looked through various threads and there doesn't seem to be any consensus, with some apparently just quoting Google or Mapquest, etc. So, any real life suggestions?

Thanks.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,263 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastest route Bryce - Las Vegas

Fastest would be I-15 to hwy 20 (north of Parowan) to hwy 89 then south to hwy 12 to Bryce. WIll take about 5 hrs.

It might not actually be too much faster than the more scenic route of taking I-15 to hwy 14 to 89 then north to 12, but there was a landslide last year on hwy 14 which still has it blocked. They are hoping to open some lanes starting late May, but I expect that will slow down the time needed. Full opening is scheduled for mid summer.

The last route would be I-15 to hwy 9 to hwy 89 north. This will take you through Zion and due to the park is more congested, and slower. But certainly scenic.

Mentioned in this post
Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
259 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastest route Bryce - Las Vegas

Thanks, we'll take the first one.

Doug

3. Re: Fastest route Bryce - Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...