We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do....

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
Things to do....

My family and I (two boys 9 & 6) will be in Bryce for a night.... what are some things that would be good to do? what are some fun, safe trails to go on? Thank you!

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do....

You'll be in Bryce for the night. Did you want to hike at night?

Assuming no, I like the trails that run between Sunrise Point and Sunset Point. They are named like Navajo Loop, Queens Garden, Thors hammer.

Here is a link to the park newspaper with a detailed map on page 5

nps.gov/brca/…11-12_Winter_Hoodoo-web.pdf

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do....

We will be staying at Bryce Canyon Pines.... Do you know if that is a good place to stay?

Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do....

oh....and we would love to hike at night!! sounds fun!

Hudson Valley
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do....

We were in Bryce last week and went to the ranger talk in the evening (Ranger Kevin Poe). It was fantastic! My four year old sat and listened for 30-45 minutes - he's an engaging speaker. Afterwards we went outside to look at planets and nebulas in the telescopes. This time of year they were having ranger talks on Tuesdays and Saturdays - not sure if the frequency increases when they get busier. They also have a ranger led moon light walk when there is a full moon. But it sounds really popular and you have to line up early in the morning to get tickets for it.

And like all national parks they have a junior ranger program for the kids.

Have a good trip!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do....

Canyon Pines is a few miles from the park entrance, but seems a good choice. Be sure to visit the Ruby family Best Western/Restaurant/ and General Store when in Bryce Canyon City.Take Queens Garden down into the Hoodoos and see if you can make out Queen Victoria, I couldn't at all, but my day dreaming days are behind me. Your boys will maybe pick up on it right away.

6. Re: Things to do....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:40 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...