We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

Algonquin, il
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

Well, here we go! 5 women, youngest over 50, oldest 75, all sisters!!

In Early September we will be driving from Vegas to Bryce for an overnight stay. Our troop leader has booked us at the Panguitch Inn Motel (is really as bad as the reviews I've read?)

We do drive off road (big 4x4 vehicle), (spent 8 hrs in the vegas desert 2 years ago) any suggestions on this? Not much for hiking but we do love to see the sights and get out and rock-hound.

Time wise, is one night too short to see the canyon?

Any info, suggestions, ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,509 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

We're like you, one nights stays are always fine for us! Unless you have some other reason for off roading, this is an easy on-road trip. I don't know the Panguitch Inn, but the town is kinda nice. We prefer Ruby's just outside the gate.

One the way up (or back) route yourself through Springdale to drive the cool tunnel east of Zion and then up to Bryce.

One off road adventure you might want to consider is the Kodachrome Basin road east of Bryce.

We are avid rockhounders, but haven't really done anything down in that area. But I also think that if you ARE only doing one night at Bryce, that you really don't have a lot of extra time.

Have fun.

Algonquin, il
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

tkelly,

Thanks for the info, the tunnel sounds neat!!

I know - one overnight - seems silly but that's the plan right now.

CA
Level Contributor
293 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

Have not been inside Panguitch Inn Motel , but it doesn't look great. There is wonderful quilt shop in Panguitch. :-)

4. Re: Driving from Vegas to Bryce/Zion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...