We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Is there any other activities that you recommend at Biscayne? I understand that the whole park is under the water - we are visiting in late December - wondering about snorkeling and canoing, but wondering if it may be too windy and cold out there. Please advise.

3 replies to this topic
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

There's land (like Elliott Key), but most of the park is accessible only by boat. Which means it's a bit under-visited.

The park's most famous land plant is Sargent's palm, which has become a fairly common garden plant in the Miami area.

regionalconservation.org/ircs/…

The park also has a rare tropical prickly-pear cactus, but you won't spot it, except maybe as a cultivated specimen.

Edited: 6:47 pm, December 03, 2011
Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
2. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Thanks - do you know if it's going to be really cold if I go for canoing? Are there short canoe trails that we can try from around visitor center?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

I've managed to never do much of a visit to the Park. Their website is informative. While temperatures fluctuate in winter (as shown in the plots at the link), and a few days will be windy, for the most part, a cool day in southern Florida is a desirable one to be outdoors and active.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/?n=cliplot

Reply to: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biscayne National Park