We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hike to Penobscot today

Hartsdale, NY
Level Contributor
177 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Hike to Penobscot today

I have a knee replacement, which works well but the knee be ds only to 90 degress. in case anyone wondees thought id report on my hike today. We went up the Springs trail, acrossnthemrock to the top and down Penobscot trail. Springs was steep with granite syeps that was difficult for me in one particular spot where my limited range of knee motion made it nearly impossible to get up one of the granite steps. Thanks to one kind stranger cupping his hand and my husband pulling, I could get up but barely. Otherwise it was challenging but ok. Views are just great! We took the easier but much longer trail Penobscot trail down. Also great views but it sure was long... We were tired though and thing the steep Springs would have been too difficult for me. People of all ages were on the trail and at the summit on this beautiful day and I'm glad I was there too.

1. Re: Hike to Penobscot today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 12, 2014