We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

Lowell...
7 posts
Save Topic
Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

We are visiting Acadia with our bikes. Wondering where we can park the bikes, especially by Jordan Pond House ---

We plan to ride to Jordan Pond from Eagle Lake, have lunch at the Jordan Pond House restaurant and hike the Jordan Pond Path. But not sure what we can do about the bikes. Are there any bike racks that we can lock our bikes there?

Thank you.

Lowell...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

Oops, I meant moutain bikes.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

Actually, I think that you meant mountain bikes, but that's OK. ;--> The answer is yes. Jordan Pond House is accustomed to accommodating cyclists.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

There are some near the front and some around the back, near the restrooms.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
379 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

When we were there yesterday there were so many cyclists that the bike racks and trees were all occupied by bikes. We simply parked in the grass and thread our bike lock/chain through all the bikes and helmets. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone bothering them even not secured, but we did it anyway just for peace of mind.

5. Re: Bike parking by Jordan Pond House???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 07, 2012