We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The first three weeks in october

key west, florida
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
The first three weeks in october

I'm wondering if people might be able to give me some feedback. I'm renting a really beautiful house on newbury neck on the water for the 1st three weeks of october. I'm hoping that I'll still find things open in blue hill, bar harbor, acadia. I realize that that final week (16 thru 23 ) might be pushing my luck but thsi is the time period I can get away.

It's mainly restaurants I'm concerned about. I searched for a place that was away from it all but also close enough that 1 hour in any direction would really take me to some beautiful places. I'm from key west florida and I want the opposite of what I have at home. Thanks

Cubakey

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The first three weeks in october

Where you will be looks to be about 20 miles from Ellsworth, so 30 minutes is a good guess.

As to shopping:

Ellsworth has two supermarkets---Hannaford and Shaws, plus a Super Walmart. There are two specialty stores located in the town center.. Rooster Brother is a ktichen/cooking equipment store on one level and a deli on the other. The deli has a wide variety of coffees, teas, wines, meats, cheeses, olives, and chocolate. John Edwards carries health foods, organic foods including produce, coffees, wines, and breads from local artisanal bakeries.

As you are coming from Surry into the business district of Ellsworth, Rooster Brother will be on your right, at the bottom of the hill just before the Union River bridge. John Edwards is on the other end of the two-block or so business district, on the left, near the top of the hill. The two supermarkets are on Rtes. 1&3, on the way to Acadia/Bar Harbor.

12. Re: The first three weeks in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 08, 2010