We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with accomodation

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Problem with accomodation

Stayed for about 11 days in flat 2 at Triq IL-Macina, house No. 3 in Senglea and had a lot of noise problems. From blasting of dance music at all times to pacing like a herd of elephants until one o'clock in the morning. Will be interesting to know if other people had the same problem there in the past? The owners of the flat, who did not live at the building were very nice and we did not bother to complain to them, but they told me when we were leaving that they had this problem before and thought 'it had gone away'. I just wonder if they knew all along that there was a problem and concealled it, even though we stated we needed a holiday to relax. We could not make use of the flat because of the noise, so beware if you are booking to stay over there. The flat is very noisy. You'll not sleep until the early hours in the morning!!!

2 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem with accomodation

Staying in Bugibba at present, and there are similar issues here.

I recommend earplugs: they work really well! Chemist along the foreshore has them: pack of 3 sets for E2.40

Next time I come to Malta I would like to stay in Gozo- it's a lovely place, very beautiful and much quiter than Malta- fewer people, less traffic and a much slower pace.

Something to do with fewer tourists ;-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem with accomodation

Hi Judith,

I agree considering that the only night we managed to get some good sleep was while staying at the Hotel Downtown in Gozo where we chose a 'country view' room, located at the back of the building. I disagree with your tourist comment though as it seems all Maltese people seem to shout instead of talk, they all drive with the music thumping super loud at breakneck speed and seem to have no idea of what queueing is!

Of course we must consider that is their country, their culture and we are there as visitors and learn to take it as it comes. Malta is very beautiful and the people are very friendly and helpful so it makes up for all the noise and sleepless nights!!

Reply to: Problem with accomodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Senglea
Recent Conversations
More Senglea Topics