We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Socotra Island

Hadiboh, Yemen
4 posts
Save Topic
visiting Socotra Island

hi!

first of all I aplogize... cannot speck German!

i am Yemenite from Socotra island, a small paradise 300km from Yemen and Somalia coast.

I would like to give information on this wonderful place to all people interested in visiting it...

After visiting Europe last summer, i realized that Yemen is not coming very popular... so since the development of my island is basically linked to tourism, please just keep this forum alive with all your questions and opinion on Yemen and of course Socotra

Hadiboh, Yemen
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: visiting Socotra Island

thanks a lot DRAGOON BLOOD for your update on Socotra, confirming that visiting the island is still possible nowadays.

Excellent services for visa, flights and stay by Socotra-eco-tours can also be provided by a full local agency: info@unexploredsocotra.com

Socotra
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Socotra Eco-Tours( www.socotra-eco-tours.com), It is an accredited tour operator for local Socotri guides, it is based in Socotra.

Sofia, Bulgaria
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Hi,

We are planing to visit Socotra via Sharjah in April 2012. Is there something we should be worried about?

My biggest concern is that we wan't be able to use our cellphones. Is that still valid?

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Hi,

I am planning to visit the island at the beginning of June. Could someone please tell me if it is weather wise good time to visit? I am female solo traveler. Should I be worried being a female wonderimg around the island wothout male companion? I have travelled on my own before, but never to such a remote place.

Thank you

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Hi, I saw many big socotram tree in the photo, Love them very much....Planning to go on this july...just want to ask, Can we buy it and ship back to our country?

4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Waaaaw thank you for sharing everyone.

May I ask the last poster how much did he paid for the agent how took care of all the arrangements?

I look really forward to visit such a nice place but I don't feel like I wanna have a driver or a guide as I would not feel comfortable....

Best regards

Samia

4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: visiting Socotra Island

May I ask the last poster how much did he paid for the agent how took care of all the arrangements?

I look really forward to visit such a nice place but I don't feel like I wanna have a driver or a guide as I would not feel comfortable....

Best regards

Samia

4 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: visiting Socotra Island

I look really forward to visit such a nice place but I don't feel like I wanna have a driver or a guide as I would not feel comfortable...

I guess I am just like Komodo :) because I am a female solo traveler too! Maybe we can think about going on a journey together ? Hahhahahahaha

Best regards

Samia

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Hello Samia,

Which last poster were you referring to, please? Also, did you notice that the thread you bumped was badly outdated? There is much newer experienced shared here in the forum that you may find useful...

4 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: visiting Socotra Island

Hi

indeed, thank you I have not noticed, my message was sent 3 times!

I'll check on the other forums, you're very helpful Cora ;)

Get answers to your questions about Socotra Island