We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe

Which Barolo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
århus
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe

I'm spending the next month with my husband, in and around the Langhe area in Piemonte.

we are both great fans of good food and wine, and would love to experience the authentic Italien food and wine. Perhaps take a cooking course, helping to pick grapes ore just tasting good food where it is made.

But where to start and what too experience? It seems a little overwhelming. Can you recommend anything??

Thank you and kind Regards

Annemette

3 replies to this topic
Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe

there are so many restaurants to choose from in the Langhe; I would suggest that you check out Chowhound Italian section, you will find many discussions about restaurants in Piemonte. http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/58

Personally I find its hard to go wrong in the area, so many wonderful little places that you can find without needing a guide.

Picking grapes is difficult most of the harvest will be over early this year as its been hot, and most vineyards are not happy to have amateurs pick, not to mention that its a violation of Italian labour laws. But the heady smell of fermenting grapes will be all around.

If you are staying at an agriturismo with grapes, they may let you help out. A few years ago we arranged an "I love Lucy" session for a honeymoon couple, but they lucked out as we we had a late harvest.

århus
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe

thank you for your advice. I didn't know the chowhound.chow.com, but I can see there is a lot of inspiration.

we have talked about taking a cooking course. We are both experienced in the kitchen - but love the inspiration of learning new technics, especially in the art of making ravioli or other filled pasta.

how do we find the good cooking courses?

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe

I would google Piedmont cooking classes

Reply to: Foodie would love advice on what to experience in Langhe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted