We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whales and wildlife!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
whales and wildlife!

Hello,

We are very much looking forward to sri lanka in march/april 2012.

We are 3 adults, (18 yr old daughter.) so would need 2 rooms. villa or cottage would be great. Our main interest is wildlife,whales, beaches and relaxing. No loud party scene. We are looking to spend 16 nights there. I thought maybe 2 or 3 areas? without spending too long travelling. The only problem with self catering is a pool. I really would like one! I can do without most things in life..but i do like a pool to relax in at the end of a long day exploring!

Also, where would be the best area to sit on a patio observing wildlife?The more jungle like the better.

Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: whales and wildlife!

Hi macymae,

First what you need is a well planned itinerary. : )

For 16 day’s you can cover the cultural triangle, hill country, wild life (maybe even luxury camping if that something you’ll like) and the down south area without rushing into things. I’m assuming you’ll love the beaches.

The best is to start from the Cultural triangle and to the hill country and to the beach. Well that’s the famous order of travel in Sri Lanka. But there is no harm traveling the other way around too, but it would be nice to end up at a beach before leaving home. : )

Most of the hotels & Villas have pools, I don’t think cottages got them.

There are places you could just sit sipping you’re Ceylon tea and watch the whole works of nature.

One other thing you should add is visiting a waterfall in close proximity, which will be an amazing experience to take a dip near a waterfall.

Cheers,

Umeshf

2. Re: whales and wildlife!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, December 10, 2011
3. Re: whales and wildlife!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, August 22, 2011
4. Re: whales and wildlife!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, August 22, 2011
5. Re: whales and wildlife!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 11, 2012