We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

5 posts
1 review
Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Does anyone know if there is a bar that plays sport. Dying to watch the Liverpool Chelsea game this Sunday

10 replies to this topic
7 posts
1. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

I also want to watch tomorrow's game, wouldn't mind watching city beforehand also.

I heard Mirissa Eye, a beach bar to the left hand side of the beachfront has previously shown EPL games, but the tv in the bar area is quite small and I haven't checked whether they are showing it tomorrow.

Please let me know if you find somewhere, and I will advise if I find somewhere also.

7 posts
2. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

I persuaded my hotel to put star sports on the tv... but it's only showing cricket!

I've now checked the tv schedule and the channel we need is star sports select 2.

7 posts
3. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

I visited Mirissa Eye this evening and they were showing the Spurs game.

I asked them and they confirmed they were showing the city and liverpool games tomorrow.

5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Awesome news Glenn. I found out that the paradise beach hotel might show it and I was going to see them today if that is the case. If not Mirissa Eye it is.

7 posts
5. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

I'm staying at paradise beach. It's definitely not on here!

5 posts
1 review
6. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Ok no worries , there was another forum about it that said something about it being on in the bar/ restaurant on he third level or something but it might have changed since

Update:::: I just heard back from them via email and they said they would have sport on. Could been missinterpetted in translation perhaps

Edited: 3:04 am, April 14, 2019
7 posts
7. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Ok. I'll go back and check again with reception as it will be better here (bigger tv, cooler and quieter) but when they put it on yesterday they definitely said they only had star sports 1, and we need 2.

7 posts
8. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

I've just been in the server room with the hotel manager and its clear they can show sports only on channels star 1, star select 1 and star 2.

But the live EPL games are on star select 2, so you wont be able to watch them at this hotel.

5 posts
1 review
9. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Awesome cheers for the update, is Mirissa Eye the one with the small telly near the kitchen on the beach? I think I was watching the IPL there last night

7 posts
10. Re: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?

Yep. Sounds about right

Reply to: Anywhere to watch sport in mirissa ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mirissa