We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
29 helpful votes
Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

Can anyone advise the easiest way from mirissa to Colombo airport on the bus?

4 replies to this topic
Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
45 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

easiest way is Matara-Negombo expressway buses via air port. but 2 per day. leaving Matara 7 am & 1.30 pm. other wise take # 2 coastal road buses from Matara (or Mirissa) and transfer to air port expressway buses at Colombo fort .

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
265 posts
15 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

hi,

Mirissa to Colombo bus root number 2.you can reach within 3 1/2 hrs.price will be around 200 LKR per one person.

get down from colombo and you have to take another bus from colombo to airport root number 187.you can get A/C highway bus.It will reach airport within 1 hour.price will be 150 LKR per one person.

have a nice journey!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

Thank you for your reply. I left mirissa before I got your message today.

I got a tut from mirissa to Matara bus station ,600 rupees 20 mins.Straight away got on bus to kadawhata that took 1.45min 590 rupees. When I got off at kadawhata bus station I could of waited for the bus to airport but I got a tut straight away to airport 1200 rupees 45 mins.the whole journey took 3hrs.could of done it cheaper without the tut but was smooth journey.

At Matara bus station the airport bus was full and I would of waited 30mins for the next , but the driver said it would take 3.5 hours due to traffic in Colombo and also would of had to get a bus from Colombo to airport, so my journey worked out better,

Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
103 posts
4. Re: Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa

ys from Mirissa take bus or train to colombo fort, from colombo fort take a bus to airport

Reply to: Buses to Colombo airport from mirissa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mirissa