We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching in Kalpitiya

Which Kalpitiya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching in Kalpitiya

Hi,

I am travelling to Kalpitiya in 1st week of Feb and I am soooo..... interested in whale watching. Due to time lag and distance I am not able to visit Mirissa for that.

I would like to know that what is the probability of spotting a whale during this season(on the scale of 10) in kalpitiya? Who provides the best service? And the charges for it?

Regards,

Anjali

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,072 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching in Kalpitiya

No personal experience yet. Googling gives info like this

isrilankan.com/discover-wildlife-kalpitiya-i…

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching in Kalpitiya

Ya. I had already gone through the articles on internet and they claim that whale watching is very much possible. But, I can't find any dedicated service for it :(

wondering if anyone has personal experience.

3. Re: Whale watching in Kalpitiya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, October 13, 2013
4. Re: Whale watching in Kalpitiya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, April 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kalpitiya