We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in Paxos vs Prices in Parga

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Prices in Paxos vs Prices in Parga

Hello All - we have visited Paxos a few times in the past, but only as day visitors, as we usually base ourselves in Parga. We are looking at staying in Paxos in the near future and I would be grateful if someone could remind me of prices for basics? We tend to find Parga and surrounding areas quite reasonable for local drinks and food, but I cant remember prices for eating and drinking in and around Gaios? Also, how are at the local supermarket prices? Many thanks.

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices in Paxos vs Prices in Parga

I've never holidayed in Parga, but I would imagine that prices in Paxos are a little higher, because everything has to be, quite literally, shipped in. Last year we were paying an average of around €30-€40 for evening meals for two. That's usually for 2 courses and either a litre carafe of wine or a few large beers. Obviously, things like seafood, steaks and branded bottles of wine rather than "house" will push the price up.

Supermarket prices for things like toiletries and suntan lotion can be fairly steep, especially if you're used to getting bogof offers from the likes of Boots and Superdrug in the UK! So, if you have room (and weight!) available in your suitcases, it pays to take as much as possible with you. If you buy food for lunches, things like pre-packaged cooked meats and cheese seem a bit on the expensive side, but many supermarkets have deli-type counters where you can buy these things loose at lower prices.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices in Paxos vs Prices in Parga

Hi Xenos

Thanks, sounds as if eating out is on par with other Greek Islands and Mainland. & of course in Gaios, you can always pick up a Gyros Pitta for around €2 - so makes a cheap meal, washed down with a few local beers or Ouzo!

We always take toiletries and sun creams with us - as I agree, these items can be very expensive in the Greek supermarkets. We are lucky to have Poundland here in the UK! I must admit we always pack our coffee and a few other bits and pieces too, every little helps!

3. Re: Prices in Paxos vs Prices in Parga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Gaios
Recent Conversations